Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you rate Heidi Swapp's handwriting book?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! Buy it this instant!

18 32.73%
  • OK but not great

21 38.18%
  • Worth borrowing but not buying

11 20.00%
  • Just don't bother, OK?

5 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)

Love your handwriting - verdict?

Still dithering about buying this book, so wondered if anyone would mine giving a quick verdict. Opinions seem very polarised - some seem to love it and some seem to sell it on after one look through, so don't want to waste my money!

Cambridge in New Zealand (town of the trees)was Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Annie,
    i bought my a few months ago and must admit have only done a small, very small, portion of the book.

I think because it is a work book, rather just reading, is why i struggle. Any spare time i have to sit at a table then i need to use it for scrappin time! It seems a brilliant book and if you have the time and commitent then it's great!!! and you would learn lots. I am a person who reads about scrappin more then doing it too (lots of mags to read but hey that can be done in bed on a train etc).

That's my thoughts,
    SSF Team CJ 2008 target 52 los completed = 3 Mini books completed = 2

covered in glitter! CreativeAngel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Can't give my opinion yet, haven't got mine. I ordered one from Amazon as it was only just over £15. I had a parcel left at the depot yesterday and think it could be it as it has been dispatched.
    I wasn't sure at first whether to bother really, but thought I'd give it a go. If it's a workbook type thing, not sure how much time I'll get to go through it, but may be able to in a morning when kids are at school. Although I do try to fit other stuff in at the same time, in my 2 free hours before collecting DD from nursery!!
    Will see, I'd be interested in more opinions too though.

Yvonne
    x

Pat a cake, pat a cake Roger's Wife's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    The benefits I found were to use the ruler and to write in pencil first.
    Okay I didn't need the book to learn that but I did enjoy reading it and admiring her handiwork

If it's not pink then it's not worth having! gismo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    see thats funny cos I write much better in pen first - I just cant do the pencil mess first!!! I also think you do need good handwriting to start with or cursive writing to get some good styles

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I found it fun to read and it inspired me to use my own handwriting more. I haven't finished the exercises yet though.

Kel x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    I found it very inspiring and I like all the worksheets. The only downside is that it's not really helped me to improve my cursive handwriting and the section about the title style handwriting is right at the end of the book, so if you are impatient like me, then you might skip to that bit first!

I WILL complete more than one layout this month............ nikkimitch's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    thanks for starting this thread annie - i had been considering buying too but had also seen people selling after a quick flick through so keep talking myself out of it - will watch with interest and might add to birthday list
    Nikki
    My Blog

Princess Manu Cat; ready to rumba her little whiskers off! fishface's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I got it but sold it unused; it was Ok but the "you will love your handwriting" got a bit repetitive!! It's VERY American (rah rah!! IYKWIM!) but I am doing a calligraphy course at the moment so possibly too much focus on handwriting did it!! I think its a love it or loate it but would try & at least look at a copy before you buy one to see whether you love it or not!! Not sure if that helps?

covered in glitter! CreativeAngel's Avatar
    View Gallery

I like my own handwriting when I do it neatly! lol... I have been trying to use it more on my greetings cards rather than printing all the time and have liked what I've done so far... however I thought this might help neaten it up more and for me to expand on it and change style slightly, don't know... not really sure what I'm expecting, I have trouble hand writing titles, so if it can help with that, then great.

Yvonne
    x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeAngel
    I like my own handwriting when I do it neatly!
    Your handwriting is lovely - Just peeked at your Daisy Princess layout.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

View Gallery

I've had it for a while but haven't had the time to do it.
    Really it's not worth the price!

More stash than sense vintage_laurie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I liked it, but I felt it could be summed up in a 5-6 page magazine article. The workbook was helpful though and I loved seeing her LOs, which are really lovely. On the whole, not really worth it, but well worth borrowing/buying to share (you can always photocopy the workbook).

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I loved it when I got it and it did make a difference to me using my handwriting more often...but I still don't LOVE my own writing...other peoples always looks nicer. I don't in retrospect think it was terribly good value for money but I could say that for LOTS of things. I probably would buy it again if I went back in time.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    I have bought, looked once and put away for the time being. Tried a couple of the exercises but was attempting to copy her handwriting rather than develop my own. Bought in October, went on holiday with me and hasnt been looked at since we got back. I have seen handwriting on layouts and do like the look so hopefully i will get more into the book at some point. Sorry Annie, probably not much help